¬ glitches workshops nov ’11

20 Nov

I’ve spent the last two weekends working with Tony Mills on the ‘glitch choreography’. On 5/6th Nov we looked at the motion data we’d captured into MikuMikuDance in Sept and the glitches this created. Tony developed a revised version of the choreography based on this, which was super glitch!

The next Saturday we took a step back, comparing the original version to the MikuMiku to see what was the most interesting, picking and choosing the most interesting parts. This evolved into a much more layered, glitch choreography, although it may be went too far into performance and is a little difficult to follow for a viewer (still pondering this…).

So on Sunday 13th Nov, we worked on pulling the last version of the choreography apart into individual moves (which we’ve made a written lexicon of ) and randomly bringing these together until we found order of sequences that ‘fit’ together. This is easier to follow (we know because I tried) but I’m not convinced it’s as interesting as the previous version…

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: